Welcome to Day 8 of the Reboot Your Blog!
Today is a recap day if you’ve not finished any of the past week’s assignments. If you have, it’s a rest day – enjoy!
DAY 08 OBJECTIVE
Catch up on any #31DIMM assignments you’ve not yet finished!
DAY 08 ASSIGNMENT
Review the previous Reboot Your Blog posts and their tasks and complete anything you haven’t gotten to yet:
- Gather all your domains and sites
- Fill out the Internet Marketing Inventory spreadsheet for each project
02 - Cull The Herd
- Assess your projects based on earnings, time to complete, backlinks, traffic, etc. and determine which are keepers, maybes and losers
- Color-code your Inventory spreadsheet rows as green, yellow and red (for keepers, maybes and losers)
- Ensure you’re not categorizing green or yellow projects as such for emotional reason, if so, re-categorize them as red
- Sell your red sites on Flippa
- Upgrade operating systems
- Upgrade software (Market Samurai, Screenflow)
- Upgrade phone operating systems / firmware
- Eliminate unneeded and outdated IM files
- Organize remaining hard drive files
- Use Dropbox & Mozy for backups
- Update WordPress
- Update WordPress plugins
- Update sites’ copyright notice for the current / coming year
- Understand local business license and permit law, start the application process if you are required to do so
- Update sites’ testimonials and product endorsements to comply with new FTC regulations
- Start an automatic backup plan for your WordPress installations
- Planned for moderating comment spam
- Installed WP security plugins
- Started a cacheing plugin
- Run Broken Link Checker plugin
06 – All About You
- Created an “About” page for all of your sites
- Created a “Contact” page for all of your sites
- Installed modern, appealing themes to all of your sites
- Activated Photo Dropper or found/bookmarked another source for in-post graphics and photos – and committed to using them!
We’ll see you tomorrow for the next step in your Reboot Your Blog!